The CGIAR Research Program on Roots, Tubers and Bananas (RTB), together with the International Potato Center (CIP), is delighted to announce the selection of 15 promising agricultural science students who have been awarded a scholarship to attend the upcoming 10th World Potato Congress in Cusco, Peru from 27 – 31 May 2018.
The scholarship, co-funded by CIP and RTB, was awarded to students from public universities including in Lima, Cusco, Ayacucho, Chiclayo and Piura following a competitive process.
The award is part of their efforts to support Peruvian national institutions and the future of youth in agriculture.
“RTB is thrilled to support this unique opportunity for 15 agricultural science students, who through their participation in the event will gain valuable experience and insights into the challenges and opportunities for potato farming, research and business – not just in Peru but globally,” says Graham Thiele, RTB Director.
The Congress will bring together more than 800 scientists and potato industry experts from across the world to share interests, innovations, research and information on the theme of “Biodiversity, Food Security and Business”. Organized by the World Potato Congress Inc., the event is dedicated to supporting the cultivation and development of potato around the world.
- Olga Paula Tiburcio, Ames Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Ciencia de los Alimentos
- Chiara Maccera Nuñez, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Agronomia
- Angie Sibel Trujillo Zambrano, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Agronomía
- Carmen Cecilia Silva Diaz, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Biología
- Tania Priscilla Rojas Estrella, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Agronomía
- Claudia Fiorella Ortega Morales, Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Agronomía
- Wilmer Jose Duran Chero, Universidad Nacional de Piura Ingenieria, Agronoma
- Lesly Dayana Alarcón Rodríguez, Universidad Nacional del Centro del Perú, Agronomía
- Mirian Yanina Correa Meléndrez, Universidad Nacional Pedro Ruíz Gallo, Biología
- Joel Arone Diaz, Universidad Nacional de San Cristobal de Huamanga, Agronomía
- Katherine Quispe Huaypar, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Ciencias Biologicas
- Franklin Ccayca Ccama, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Agronomía
- Maite Ainara Oxa Condori, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Agronomia
- Maday Alvarez Gonzales, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Agronomía
- Henrry Quispe Canahuiri, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Agronomía