Partner IFAD Investment Project
Smallholder Livelihood Development Project in Maluku and North Maluku (SOLID)
To reduce poverty and improve food security and incomes in 224 targeted villages located in the two provinces of Maluku and North Maluku
Elevent (11) districts; five in Maluku (Buru, Buru Selatan, Maluku Tengah, Seram Bagian Barat, and Seram Bagian Timur) and six in North Maluku (Halmahera Barat, Halmahera Selatan, Halmahera Tengah, Halmahera Timur, Halmahera Utara and Kepulauan Sula).
49,500 farm households belonging to Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Federations.
- Community empowerment
- Boosting productivity by introducing integrated farming systems
- Enhancing natural resource management
- Value chain development and marketing
- Investing in productive rural infrastructure
- Strengthening local institutions.
Center for Food Availability and Vulnerability, Agency for Food Security (AFS) of the Indonesia Ministry of Agriculture (MOA).
FoodSTART+ main collaborative activities
- Piloting of 10 Farmer Business Schools (FBS)
- Adaptation and translation of the FBS learning guide
- Monitoring and mentoring of pilot FBS
- Field demonstration on biofortified root and tuber crops (Yellow Cassava and Orange Fleshed Sweet Potato – OFSP)
- Scoping study
- Stakeholder validation workshop
- Climate Smart Village (CSV) learning visit to Vietnam by IAARD staff
- FBS orientation for SOLID national, provincial and district staff and extension service in Maluku and Maluku Utara
- FBS Cross-learning visit to the Philippines for SOLID and IIARD staff
- Training of Facilitators on FBS approach
- Training of Trainers on biofortified root and tuber crops and related cropping practices
- Training on nutrition and cooking demonstration of nutrient-rich root and tuber crops
- Training on construction and management of net-tunnels for production of clean sweetpotato planting material
- Development of Nutrition Sensitive Value Chain (NSVC) assessment methods and tools for potential use by IFAD/FoodSTART in other future investment programs
- Training on NSVC for SOLID and implementing agencies of other IFAD investments (READSI, IPDMIP)
- Piloting of gender checklist for action research
- Participation in IFAD Country Office supervision mission to SOLID
- Participation in IFAD Country Office review mission to SOLID