Registration is now open to attend the X International Symposium on Banana / ISHS-ProMusa Symposium, which will be held from 10-14 October 2016 in Montpellier, France.
The Symposium will take stock of current scientific knowledge and technical advances in the deployment of agroecological approaches in banana production and how these can contribute to the development of innovative sustainable production systems.
Participants will share the results of their scientific research on bananas, along with the technical, strategic or organizational options they implement at the field or farm level, or at supra scales (region, territory) to promote and provide added value for establishing more sustainable banana agroecosystems.
The symposium, will be structured around five complementary sessions, each covering different aspects of agroecology:
- Session 1: Sharing the concepts of agroecology and illustrating their usage
- Session 2: Managing plant diversity to ensure ecosystem services
- Session 3: Improving soil functioning through optimizing mineral and water resource use (field level)
- Session 4: Enhancing biological regulations in banana cropping systems (field level)
- Session 5: Processes, multi-criteria assessment of performances, and contextual factors driving stakeholder strategies (at farm, landscape or higher levels)
This event is organized by ProMusa and hosted by the Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement (Cirad).
Please visit the symposium website for more information and to register your attendance.